You can get “rough estimate” SC homeowners insurance quotes from many companies online, but talking with an agent allows you to ask questions and get SC homeowners insurance quotes for coverage that fits your unique situation. One of our agents can prepare Charleston home insurance quotes that detail the coverage, deductibles, and cost of your homeowners insurance policy. This would be the benefit of using a Trusted Choice agent, we take the guess work out of finding the right home insurance coverage. If you are shopping for home insurance you always want to make sure you are comparing some of the same factors like:
- Dwelling and content values
- Deductibles and types of deductibles
- Added and excluded endorsments
- Replacement Cost vs. Actual Cash Value (ACV)
When inquiring about SC home insurance quotes, there will be certain information we will need to know about your home to provide an accurate home insurance quote, like:
- Property location
- Year built
- Construction type (siding, brick veneer, masonry block, etc.)
- Square footage
- Usage (primary home, secondary home, rental)
- Any updates to the home (Heating, Electrical, Plumbing, Roof)
- Dwelling (Coverage A) – Covers the value of the dwelling itself (not including the land).
- Other Structure (Coverage B) – Covers other structure around the property which are not used for business, except as a private garage. Typically limited at 10% of the Coverage A.
- Personal Property (Coverage C) – Covers personal property, with limits for the theft and loss of particular classes of items. Typically 50 to 70% of coverage A.
- Loss of use (Coverage D) – Covers expenses associated with additional living expenses (i.e. rental expenses) and fair rental value.
- Personal Liability (Coverage E) – pays up to the limit of liability for bodily injury or property damage for which an insured is legally liable.
- Medical Payments to others (Coverage F) – Provides coverage for bodily injury to a person on or off the insured premises.
Other available coverage
Homeowners insurance policies can be endorsed to provide or exclude coverage. Make sure you read your policy to know what coverages are provided. Here are some of the endorsements we can add to your homeowners policy.
- Earthquake - Provides coverage for earthquakes.
- Additional Replacement Cost Protection - Provides the extra insurance you need to rebuild your house if your coverage amount is inadequate.
- Personal Injury - Protects you against libel and slander.
- Identity Theft Protection - Provides assistance from a consumer fraud specialist and covers expenses related to restoring your good name and financial reputation.
- Ordinance or Law -Pays for the loss of value of an undamaged portion of the existing building which must be demolished and/or removed to conform with municipal ordinance, code, etc.
- Valuable Items Endorsement - Provides a blanket of coverage that is broader than what a basic Homeowners policy provides. It is the right coverage for people who own valuable possessions such as jewelry, artwork cameras and computers.
- Personal Articles Floater - Provides even more comprehensive coverage than the Valuables Items Plus endorsement. It is the right coverage for people who wish to schedule items that have been carefully selected and whose values exceed the limits of either their Homeowners policy or Valuable Items Plus endorsement.
- Equipment Breakdown - Provides assistance from a consumer fraud specialist and covers expenses related to restoring your good name and financial reputation. Usually has a sublimit, some common limits are up to $25,000.
Discounts and Credits
You can save money on your homeowners insurance by having certain things done to your home. Some of these discounts can be significant and eventually pay for themselves. Some of these might include:
- Monitored fire and burglar alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Deadbolts on all exterior doors
- Sprinkler systems
- Opening protection (hurricane shutters, impact glass, pre-cut plywood)
- Gated community
Other polices to consider
- Flood Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance